The 3 Most Popular Reasons People Relocate to Topsail Island
Posted On Monday, August 15, 2016
You already know that Topsail Island is a beach-lover's favorite vacation destination. But what if a week or two out of the year isn't enough? What if you want more Topsail in your life?
Have you ever considered relocating here and making Topsail Island your permanent residence? If so, you're not alone. People do it all the time. Why? Here are the 3 most popular reasons people choose to relocate here.
1. Affordable Beach LivingYou don't need a few million dollars to reside on Topsail Island. Unlike many other beachfront locales, you can find affordable beach living well within your budget.
According to current figures from Zillow, the median sale price for North Topsail Beach is right around the $225,000 mark and the median sale price for Surf City averages around $275,000. Homes in Topsail Beach have a median home value in the $460,000 range, as indicated by 2016 statistics from Zillow's website.
You can also find townhomes and condos well below those ranges, so there are affordable options for everyone.
Interested in what's for sale on Topsail Island? Peruse Century 21 Action Topsail's real estate listings and start your search for island living. Let us know if we can help to answer any questions you may have.
2. Small Town Atmosphere Near Big City AmenitiesWith 26 miles of golden sand beaches, intriguing maritime history, exquisite natural beauty and an island vibe all its own, Topsail Island has a lot to offer its residents all year long. Whether you live in North Topsail Beach, Surf City or Topsail Beach, you're surrounded by all the benefits of small-town living with welcoming communities, safe neighborhoods, a low cost of living and a large dose of Southern hospitality.
You're never far away from city life with Wilmington and Jacksonville, North Carolina, only about 30 miles away in each direction of Topsail Island. You get to enjoy waterfront dining, quaint shops, fishing opportunities galore and so much more year round on Topsail while also being close and convenient to art, history and culture, first-rate medical and healthcare facilities, military relocation and resources, and excellent educational facilities through the university level.
What's not to love?
3. Temperate Southern ClimateWith little to no snow and a temperate, comfortable climate all year long, it's easy to see the draw when it comes to the the mild winters, glorious spring and fall seasons, and beach-filled summers of Topsail Island, North Carolina.
The average temperatures in Topsail, NC, are in the mid to low 50s from December through February. The average temps are in the 80s from May through September with cooling coastal breezes and refreshing Atlantic waters, which provide a welcome reprieve during the dog days of summer.
The sunny days far outnumber the cloudy and rainy ones, so you're sure to have plenty of opportunities to get out and bask in the coastal Carolina splendor and the endless natural beauty that surrounds you each and every month of the year.
Inspired to learn more about making a move to Topsail? Here are a few other helpful reads for you:
- Choosing Topsail Island for More Than a Vacation
- Buying a Beach House FAQs
- In Search of Beach Life and Island Living? Topsail Island Is Perfect for You!
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Topsail Island, North Carolina
Have you considered moving to Topsail Island, North Carolina? Would you?