Top 10 Real Estate Resources You Need to Know About
Posted On Monday, March 13, 2017
Everyone should have an extensive real-estate resource arsenal whether you're looking to buy a home, sell a home, or find yourself anywhere in between. Knowledge is power and when it comes to big investments like home and property, of course you want to be well informed. You also want to have professional and reliable resources to consult for all of your real-estate-related questions.
That's where this post comes in. We've rounded up 10 of the best real estate resources you need to know about. How many of these do you use? Let's find out!
1. Reputable real estate companies in your areaThere is no better place to find out the pertinent information you need about home buying and selling than at the places of expertise in the real estate field in your area of interest. Reputable, reliable and professional real estate companies are your best bet for finding out everything you need to know about the real estate climate, potential and realities of the market you're interested in. Real estate professionals have the experience and knowledge that you're seeking, so don't be afraid to give them a call, send out an email or set up a meeting to help get you started in the right direction, and get all of your questions answered. They are your #1 source and resource!
2. Real estate websites and blogsReal estate agents aren't the only way to get to know your area of interest better. Take time to visit the real estate companies' websites and read up on their blog posts. You'll find that there's a lot of information available to you right on their sites. You'll find answers to some of your many questions, information on pricing and procedures, and current and relevant reading on real estate topics relating to your area of interest. Get familiar with your local real estate companies online presence, which can also tell a lot about each of the companies. You'll find some have more to offer than others. Don't forget to check out their social media presence and see what's available.
3. ZillowZillow is a quick and easy place to find an overview of pricing in your area of interest, what is for sale or potentially for sale, and makes for a good starting part if you're in the initial stages of home buying or selling. See the median buying and selling prices for a neighborhood, view tax records and other valuable data and statistics on homes in a particular area. They also offer a lot of online tools available to you in just a few clicks.
4. TruliaTrulia is another great real estate resource for those looking to get a baseline on buying, selling, renting or just perusing the real estate climate of an area. Quick and easy search options are available with the tools you need to gather research on your area of interest. Trending real estate articles and mortgage calculators are inclusive to this site. It has a clean look with an easy-to-use (dare we say, almost fun) interface which makes it easy to search and to use.
5. ForbesWhen it comes to all things financial, Forbes is an industry leader in the field. They are on the cutting edge of the financial market and offer up valuable reading for homebuyers and sellers in their real estate and investing section. Find hot topics, real estate trends and laser-focused articles on everything you need and want to know about the financial aspects of the real estate world.
6. US Housing and Urban Development (HUD)Don't overlook HUD.org, especially if you're a first-time homebuyer. HUD offers information and answers your questions from the economics of buying a home to the implementation of it. They have tools to help you figure out how much you can afford, information on home-buying information in your state, as well as loan information and other tools to help you navigate the real estate market. They also offer a wealth of links and resources in any direction where you need more guidance.
7. FreddieMacMy Home by FreddieMac gives you free and easy access to mortgage rates, fees and points all in one place. Also be sure to check out their housing headlines and what-you-can-afford calculator. They save you some time and research by doing part of the legwork for you.
8. Realtor.comThis is your home for all things real estate, as their slogan indicates. There's a lot of information here, but it's worth your time to peruse their headings and sections. You'll find everything from real estate news, advice, videos and more as you click the tabs. They also focus on helping you find the right realtor for you and one with the best credentials and experience.
9. Redfin BlogYou may have heard of the Redfin blog, but never really knew what it was all about. Redfin puts a spotlight on real estate from Wall Street to Main Street to your street, as they like to say. You can find real estate news, analysis and predictions, along with a plethora of other real estate related articles and information. They pride themselves on offering real-time research that's important for you to know before you buy or sell your home.
10. News/Media-Hosted Real Estate SitesWhatever is your favorite media news outlet, you can be sure that they have a real estate and investment section of some sort. We won't recommend a specific news media site since that is a very personal preference, but we will recommend that you check out the real estate section of your favorites. You may have never realized that they even had that section, but more often than not they do. And if you go to that source for other news, you'll probably be interested in what they have to say about the current real estate market and trends.
Let Century 21 Action Topsail be your #1 real estate resource for Topsail Island, North Carolina and the surrounding coastal Carolina area. Check out Topsail area real estate listings, peruse our Topsail beach vacation rentals, follow our blog, and find us on social media. We're here to serve you! Our professional, experienced realtors are always ready to help.
Did we miss anything? What is your go-to real estate resource?