Top 10 Reasons To Go To Topsail Island, NC For Memorial Day (Video Tour Included!)
Posted On Monday, April 06, 2015
May comes around quickly each year and before you know it, bam!—it's Memorial Day. Don't let the Memorial Day holiday sneak up on you; start planning ahead! It's the perfect long weekend for a beach escape, and we have just the place for you: Topsail Island. Why? Here are ten of the very best reasons to make the trip to North Carolina's coastline and plan a Memorial Day weekend on Topsail Island.
1. Beautiful, uncrowded beachesWith 26-miles of sprawling coastline from end-to-end, Topsail Island’s main attraction is the beach, and for very good reason. Pristine sand, sparkling blue-green waters and panoramic coastal views are just the beginning of the authentic beach experience to be found on Topsail. Let’s not forget the blazing Carolina sunrises and sunsets, rich and diverse wildlife for your viewing pleasure, and plenty of fun in the sun to be had. What’s not to love? It’s easy to see why people quickly fall in love with our little piece of island paradise. We did and so will you!
2. Great selection of beach vacation rentalsAnother big benefit of planning a beach vacation to Topsail Island is the great selection of vacation rentals available to you. Choose your location—North Topsail Beach, Surf City or Topsail Beach—and then think about the size, style and amenities you’d like to have at your vacation-home-away-from-home. It’s that easy! Start your Topsail Island beach vacation rental search right here, right now.
3. Laid-back island vibeAh yes, the quintessential beach experience always has a carefree, laid-back feel to it. Isn’t that what we love about the beach? Take that up another level to the laid-back island vibe you’ll find on our shores and in our communities, and you’ll notice that your worries are washed away almost instantly. There’s no hustle-bustle here; no rush, rush, rush. We’re on island time, and we like it that way. Won’t you join us?
4. Friendly, safe, welcoming beach communityFamilies love Topsail Island for all of the reasons mentioned above. Southern hospitality abounds and you’ll find our local residents and businesses ready to welcome you to the island. Unlike other popular, more crowded East Coast beaches, you won’t find the safety concerns here like you would there. Nope. One less worry, one less stress. Done!
5. Pet friendlyWe love families and that includes pets! Topsail Island offers both pet-friendly vacation rentals and lots of pet-friendly places for you and your beloved companion to enjoy. Beaches, our area parks, and many of our local businesses are pet-friendly. Want to read more about pet-friendly Topsail? Click here.
6. Family-friendly attractionsIn addition to the beach, Topsail Island offers abundant family-friendly attraction for all ages. We highly recommend the Belle of Topsail, the Karen Beasley Sea Turtle Hospital, Soundside Park, the Missiles and More Museum and the Surf City Pier. Feel free to read more about the family-friendly activities and attractions on Topsail Island. It will help you with your vacation planning.
7. Awesome fishingYes, yes, yes. Whether fishing from the pier, taking a chartered fishing excursion, or casting a line off right into the surf—fishing is big here on Topsail. Try your hand and see what you reel in! Here’s the inside scoop on Topsail Island’s fishing scene.
8. Tons of on-the-water funIt wouldn’t be a beach vacation without some on-the-water fun. Kayaking, surfing, wind surfing, scenic boat tours and offshore fishing charters are some of the aquatic adventures available to you. Learn more about Topsail Island's on-the-water adventures to be had.
9. Beat the summer rush.Well, the summer rush really isn’t so bad here, but planning a Memorial Day beach trip to Topsail is a wonderful time to enjoy our beaches nonetheless. The water’s heating up, the crowds are minimal, and the Carolina sun is warm and inviting. The summer haze hasn’t yet arrived so the vibrancy of colors is stunning this time of year. Come and see for yourself!
10. Close to the cities of Jacksonville and WilmingtonIt is Memorial Day, so what better way to honor the memory of those who sacrificed their lives for us than to visit some of North Carolina's famous historic and military sites? Both Jacksonville and Wilmington are under and hour’s drive from Topsail and are rich with military history and experiences. Make it a day trip!
Well, what are you waiting for? Start your Topsail Island vacation planning now. We’ve given you ten good reasons why you should, but there are plenty more. We’d love to see you. We'll even give you a glimpse into our island paradise. Take a look at our Topsail Island video tour and get your instant beach fix.
What’s on your Memorial Day holiday itinerary? We sure hope it’s the beach—our beach to be exact!