Why Halloween is Better at the Beach
Halloween at the beach? Oh yes! Whether you live on the coast or vacation at the beach this time of the year, it doesn't mean you have to give up on any of the seasonal celebrations you're accustomed to. In fact, like everything else—even Halloween is better at the beach!
Why? Read on! We've used Pinterest as our guide to the top ways to combine the best of the beach with the best of Halloween. While you're there, be sure to follow Century 21 Action Topsail Island on Pinterest for more coastal inspiration each and every day of the year.
You can channel your coastal creativity when it comes to decorating.Amp up your creativity to new heights as you combine both Halloween decorations with coastal decor. It's pretty fun to merge these two themes into one amazing time of year.
Need some ideas? We can help! Check out these beach-inspired Halloween decorating ideas from Pinterest:
- Keep it simple yet beachy by hanging seashells, sand dollars or starfish around the stem of your pumpkins. Add netting down the pumpkin or twine around the stem for an extra nautical touch.
- Paint pumpkins in white-washed or pastel colors for an instant beach feel.
- Carve some creative sea-themed art into your pumpkins instead of the usual jack-o-lantern faces (try lighthouses, seashells, beach umbrellas, anchors, crabs or even a fish skeleton).
- Paint your pumpkin like a beach ball.
- Trade in your pumpkin for a pineapple and make a beach-style pineapple jack-o-lantern to light up your porch.
You can have a beach party and a Halloween party all at the same time.Another advantage of Halloween at the beach is the opportunity to party two ways. Throw a beach party and Halloween party all at the same time. You can host it outdoors or in. You're only limited to your imagination.
Need some coastal Halloween party Pinspiration? We have it!
- Pirate-themed parties are a great way to combine the beach theme with the Halloween theme.
- Host a haunted luau.
- Use carved-out pumpkins to serve up your snacks.
- Make a party pumpkin cooler to keep your drinks fresh and festive.
You can create beachy Halloween crafts with the kids.Give your kids the chance to let their imaginations soar this Halloween. Let them set out on a creative adventure and see where their artistic endeavors lead them. You'll be amazed at what they come up with!
Have them scour the shoreline and use items from the beach to create a Halloween scene of their very own. Pick up a few cheap items from any local dollar store for some quick and easy Halloween accessories for use in their spooky creations.
Some other easy coastal Halloween crafts for the kids include:
- Painting seashells like jack-o-lanterns.
- Paint nautical-themed pumpkins.
- Create a Halloween scene in the sand using only beach objects or shells.
Why do you think Halloween is better at the beach? Do you have an coastal Halloween ideas or traditions you'd like to share with us?